First GYROTONIC® Center in the Principality of Monaco
"I want music and poetry in my body...it has to come without struggle." - Juliu Horvath
We are proud to offer the first GYROTONIC® Center in the Principality of Monaco. GYROTONIC® classes are designed to take the body beyond its current limitations. Developed by Hungarian born Juliu Horvath, the method originated in 1980 in New York at the famous “Steps on Broadway” and since then has expanded worldwide. Coach Anja Behrend practiced this method while she was a professional ballet dancer, and swears by its effectiveness for a complete and well-rounded training program. After a class of GYROTONIC® one will feel increased freedom of movement, greater strength, and more agility. It also improves athletes' performance and reduces recovery time for those recently injured.
What is GYROTONIC®?
GYROTONIC® is performed with its original and specialized machines. The system is fully adjustable and can meet the needs of many people with varying body types, levels of strength, and fitness capabilities. The exercises offer complete freedom of movement into a three-dimensional awareness, allowing users to stretch and strengthen muscles. Simultaneously, it stimulates and strengthens connective tissues in and around the joints of the body and helps to increase the functional capacity of the spine. Combined with synchronized breathing patterns, these exercises enhance aerobic and cardiovascular stimulation, promote neuro-muscular rejuvenation and, and achieve greater mental clarity.
What is GYROKINESIS®?
Originally called “Yoga for dancers”, this training focuses on natural elements of spinal movements while either seated, standing, or on the floor. The goal in GYROKINESIS® is to release blocked energy by providing fresh oxygen to the blood stream. It also opens joints, and activates the lymphatic and nervous systems through rhythmical breathing patterns while simultaneously massaging the internal organs. Each and every movement revolves around spirals and circles connecting to each other in a fluent way. The training has proved effective in combating stress, aging, and injuries while enhancing vitality, metabolism, performance, alignment, strength, and flexibility.
“The ultimate aim is to be at home in one’s body, to be at one with the nature of oneself, and to experience exercise as a creative and delightful experience.”
- Juliu Horvath
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
- Anyone looking for general fitness and body conditioning, or wishing to move with ease, grace and strength.
- Individuals with back problems
- Athletes looking for injury prevention and rehabilitation. Facilitates timing, rhythm and coordination and inner muscles strength to do the job in a fluid, soft way, giving you more power and flexibility to enhance the athlete's specific skills in their field.
- Performing Artists, Dancers & Models: Created by a dancer for dancers, the training is designed to work with a performer's specific need to avoid injury and move beyond their limitations to increase range of motion towards the maximum potential.
Also Great for:
- Seniors and Children: The system has great educational value for children and provides many benefits for seniors to maintain good health. Encourages natural flexibility and openness in the body, teaches healthy movement habits and physical consciousness, and improves the body's strength and coordination.
- Pre-natal conditioning: During pregnancy, GYROTONIC® helps one stay in touch with their changing body to prevent injuries and relieve specific conditions.
- Post-natal training: Helps one's body get back into shape and enhances muscle tone after pregnancy.