BOXING / KICKBOXING / JUNIOR BOXING
“One step at a time, One punch at a time, One round at a time.”
One of the oldest sports in the world, boxing is an ideal full-body workout for toning and strengthening in a stimulating environment. It helps build muscular stature, self-defense skills, and develops agility, making it for the perfect workout to balance mind and body. Boxing classes will be tailor made for people who would like to enjoy the training without taking any risk of being injured.
A boxing workout improves every facet of your physical condition, from strength, power and coordination, to aerobic/anaerobic fitness and endurance. The training can be in small group class or privately. Exercises that are emphasized include heavy bag, pow, speed and medicine-ball work, skipping, running, weight-training, wind-sprints, shadow boxing, and sparring sessions.
Due to the highly intense nature of the training, boxing doesn’t add bulk, but tones and defines muscles. It maximizes fat burn while constantly utilizing all large muscle groups.
Appropriate for all ages and levels of strength & fitness, boxing can be enjoyed by anyone from novices to advanced participants. Drills can easily be modified during any class to increase or decrease intensity and complexity of the workout. Set your own pace and get the results you desire from your training.
Whether or not you’re intrigued by boxing’s combative aspects, pick up a pair of gloves and give it a try!
1. Reducing Excess Body Fat: Boxing sessions help to burn as many as 500 calories in a single workout. Thus regular boxing workouts can be helpful in reducing the excessive body fat.
2. Beneficial for the Heart: Regular boxing conditioning helps to improve the strength of heart muscles due to high-intensity interval training, thus providing a healthier heart.
3. Beneficial for the Bones:Bone mass peaks in a person’s mid-30s to late 30s. If left unchecked, it then gradually declines with age. Weight-bearing exercise, and movements that place a significant load on your bones can reduce bone loss, and may even result in increased bone mass. If left untreated, low bone mass may develop into osteoporosis, which can leave you prone to fractures. As the impact of boxing is absorbed by your bone structure, this deterioration can be averted.
4. Strengthening Muscles:Boxing improves the strength and flexibility of all muscle groups in the body. Punching and kicking require repetitive movements that provide strength and power to your arms, legs, and core.
5. Relieving Stress and Negative Energy:Boxing sessions help to relieve physical and mental stress. The physical exertion boosts endorphin levels, leaving your mind lighter and freer, and the cathartic energy of punching expunges built-up negative emotions and frustrations.
6. Perfect for Self-Defense: Boxing teaches a combination of punches and kicking movements. These can be used for self-defense in case you ever come into a dangerous or unsafe situation.
Boxing for Women
While boxing may seem like a stereotypically masculine tradition, it is also highly beneficial for women. As high intensity interval training ( HIIT), it creates a complete full-body workout. Most importantly, boxing enhances physical strength as well as improving both aerobic and anaerobic endurance. This complete workout improves both cardiovascular and endurance systems as well as training upper body, lower body and core strength. Boxing is a brilliant workout for women of all ages and fitness levels. In just a few short weeks, your cardio fitness will dramatically increase along with your strength and endurance.
Boxing can be very rewarding for children because it provides a sense of confidence, self-discipline, and improved control over his or her aggression. Not only is it an effective cardiovascular workout, but regular boxing training can help your child reduce his or her stress levels. Boxing will enable your child to defend himself on the playground as the sport teaches a perfect combination of throwing punches and defense, and it will enable them to avoid dangerous situations. Regular practice will help your child maintain a consistent body weight, while enhancing the development of stronger bones and muscles and improving flexibility. Overall, this training will keep your child active and disciplined.